|Qualification:||Highfield Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading (Framework)|
|Highfield Level 3 Certificate in Team Leader / Supervisor (Standard)|
Course Key Facts
As our apprenticeship training is delivered on the job, we will communicate with your employer to select a course that is relevant to your job role and level.
80% of the course will be completed on the job, putting your newly developed skills into practice from the offset. The remaining 20% will be spent working closely with your assessor.
Our expert assessors will provide constant support and guidance ensuring you’re confident and comfortable at all times.
As well as your industry specific training, you may also complete free Functional Skills English and Maths courses to increase your confidence and knowledge.
You may be required to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA), which tests everything you’ve covered during the course.
Once you’ve successfully completed the apprenticeship, you’ll achieve your qualification and receive your course certificates.
The knowledge you have gained and the skills you’ve developed during your apprenticeship will improve your workplace performance, job understanding and will help to advance your career.
Depending on the level you have completed, you may be able to progress on to higher levels of the programme.
What’s in it for you?
- The development of industry specific skills to improve your workplace performance and understanding of your job role.
- No cost – you can advance your career without any money worries or pressures of student debts.
- Career progression – once you’ve achieved your qualification you have a strong chance of progressing into more senior roles within your organisation.
- “Earn while you learn” – our courses are designed to allow you to work towards a nationally recognised qualification whilst earning a wage.
This accredited apprenticeship is suitable for learners working within a team-leading role in a variety of industries. The course covers areas including: leading and managing a team, managing personal and professional development, understanding business. Other unit subjects are: participating in a project, contributing to meetings and resolving customer service problems.
The Team Leader / Supervisor apprenticeship is an integrated programme of knowledge and skills acquisition, developed alongside core behaviours expected of a competence worker operating in a regulated field. The award of the apprenticeship certificate will signify a recognition of competence in a role and enable progression to higher levels of skills development.
- Learning and Development:
The on program aspect of the apprenticeship covers the essential skills required to succeed in a customer service environment, including: the principles and practice of learning and development and improving your own performance and customer awareness.
- On-the-job Training:
Apprentices receive on-the-job training to ensure they are able to put newly acquired skills into practice from the outset.
- Off-the-job Training:
Apprentices complete off-the-job training, which includes: online learning, training and shadowing delivered by the employer, industry visits and time spent writing and completing assessments.
An industry relevant qualification is optional and can be included within a qualification tailored to employer requirements.
- Functional Skills:
Apprentices are required to have achieved Functional Skills Level 1 Maths and English to be eligible to complete Level 2 exams prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
To progress to Gateway, apprentices’ must complete all aspects of On Programme.
In order to prepare the apprentice for their End Point Assessment (EPA) we:
- Plan EPA – timescale, dates, information etc.
- Preparation of Showcase Portfolio.
- Complete Mock Professional Discussions.
To keep the process in line with the final EPA, our practice assessments are carried out by another member of our assessing team so there is no assessor/apprentice connection already established.
Companies work with TSL because …
What sets TSL apart from other training providers is the fact that we have such a high standard of assessors working within our organisation who are industry experts. They will provide exceptional information; advice and guidance to ensure you successfully complete the apprenticeship.
We are flexible, approachable and will support every step of your training journey as you progress to the next business level. Our assessors will be on hand to ensure you’re working at the highest possible standard to achieve your qualification.
These apprenticeships are assessed through the work you have completed during the course and submitted to your assessor in your portfolio. In order to achieve your qualification you must demonstrate that you have met the required assessment criteria.
We know how stressful assessments can be, but there is no need to worry. Our experts will be constantly available during the apprenticeship process and ensure you’re completing work to the best possible standard.
End Point Assessment (EPA)
- Apprentice Showcase – this is assessed against an externally set brief written by the assessment organisation, working with Employers and other Stakeholders.
- Practical Observation – this observation occurs within the apprentice’s place of work and enables the apprentice to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and behaviour from across the standard.
- Professional Discussion – this two-way discussion tests the apprentice’s in-depth understanding of their work and industry, and application of knowledge, skills and behaviours. It differs from an interview, which tends to consist of an assessor asking questions and the apprentice answering them; this EPA has more scope for professional interaction and discussion.
All aspects of the assessment strategy must be successfully completed to achieve certification.
- Highfield Level 3 Diploma in Management.
- Highfield Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
Frequently Asked Questions
It wont cost you anything; your apprenticeship-training course will either be largely funded by the government’s co-investment scheme, whereby they pay 95% of the cost, or through the money your employer has already paid into the Apprenticeship Levy scheme. You can advance your career without any money worries or the pressures of student debts.
The average for most apprenticeship courses are 1 year, however depending on the industry and level of qualification they can range from 1-5 years.
80% of your course will be completed on the job, putting your newly developed skills into practice from the offset with the support of your employer. The remaining 20% will be spent working closely with your assessor. This will develop your theoretical industry knowledge and understanding of how your newly developed skillsets can drive your business forward.
Our expert coaches will provide constant support and guidance during your course, ensuring you’re confident and comfortable at all times. The strong three-way communication links we develop between assessors, candidates and employers ensures there is a constant thread of contact that guarantees all involved are happy with the service provided at Training Strategies.
- You “earn while you learn”. You have the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification in your specific industry whilst earning a wage.
- You will develop skills and enhance your industry knowledge meaning you are able to fulfil your job role more effectively.
- As the course is government or employer funded, you can advance your career without any money worries or the pressures of student debts.
- By completing our training programmes you’re showing willingness to learn and bring fresh ideas to the business.
- Our training courses help to improve your understanding of the role and equip you with the tools for success, guaranteeing job satisfaction.
- Our training courses develop and increase your industry knowledge, and the information, advice and guidance of our assessor’s will improve your workplace performance and understanding of your job role.
- As you are already employed, you have the opportunity to “earn while you learn”. Our training programmes are designed to allow you to work towards a nationally recognised qualification whilst earning a wage.
- The training courses we offer are available at a range of different business levels, from Level 2 upwards. Meaning you don’t have to be a new employee to have the opportunity to complete apprenticeships and progress within the business.
Depending on the apprenticeship you have completed, you may have the opportunity to progress to the next level of study with TSL.
A Standard is the newly established Apprenticeship training reform introduced by the government. Apprenticeship Standards put power in the hands of the employer as they’re involved in both the design and delivery of the new standards.