The Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship is an integrated programme of knowledge and skills acquisition, developed alongside core behaviours expected of a competent worker operating in a regulated field. The award of the apprenticeship certificate will signify a recognition of competence in a role and enable progression to higher levels of skills development.
On Programme (to take place over a 14-month period with Trainer)
- Candidates must have a Care Certificate or be working towards such through their employer.
- Evidence of an industry specific enhanced DBS must be provided.
An industry relevant qualification awarded upon successful completion.
We uphold the core attributes and behaviours of the industry, the 6 ‘C’s:
- Functional Skills:
Apprentices must have achieved Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 to progress.
To progress to Gateway, apprentices’ must complete all aspects of On Programme.
Gateway (to take place over 1 month)
In order to prepare the apprentice for their End Point Assessment (EPA) we:
- Plan EPA – timescale, dates, information etc.
- Complete Mock Judgmental Tests.
- Complete Mock Professional Discussions.
To keep the process in line with the final EPA, our practice assessments are carried out by another member of our assessing team so there is no assessor/apprentice connection already established.